Rule 1910.49. Acts of Assembly Not Suspended.
The rules governing an action for support shall not be deemed to suspend or affect the following Acts or parts of Acts of Assembly:
(1) Chapter 43 of Title 23 of the Consolidated Statutes, 23 Pa.C.S. § 4301 et seq., relating to support matters generally;
(2) Chapter 45 of Title 23 of the Consolidated Statutes, 23 Pa.C.S. § 4501 et seq., except § 4533, known as the Revised Uniform Reciprocal Enforcement of Support Act (1968);
(3) Section 1 of the Act of June 11, 1913, P. L. 468, 48 P. S. § 133, relating to execution of a support order against real property owned by the entireties;
(4) Sections 1 to 5 of the Act of May 24, 1923, P. L. 446, 48 P. S. § § 137141, only insofar as the Act authorizes execution against real estate held by the entireties;
(5) The Act of December 19, 1990, P. L. 1240, No. 206, 23 Pa.C.S. § 3507, insofar as it provides for tenancy in common of property held by the entireties after divorce; and
See the Divorce Code as to equitable distribution of property in divorce actions.
(6) The Act of December 19, 1990, P. L. 1240, No. 206, 23 Pa.C.S. § 6101, known as the Protection from Abuse Act.
The Protection from Abuse Act provides a procedure to obtain a temporary order of support in addition to other relief.
The provisions of this Rule 1910.49 adopted November 7, 1988, effective January 1, 1989, 18 Pa.B. 5326; amended March 30, 1994, effective July 1, 1994, 24 Pa.B. 1943. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (142514) to (142515).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.