Rule 1910.50. Suspension of Acts of Assembly.
The following Acts or parts of Acts of Assembly are suspended insofar as they apply to the practice and procedure in an action for support:
(1) Section 3 of the Support Law of June 24, 1937, P. L. 2045, 62 P. S. § 1973, insofar as it provides a procedure to enforce the liability of relatives for the support of an indigent person; and
(2) Section 4 of Act 1996-20, 23 Pa.C.S. § 4342, insofar as it provides that long arm jurisdiction shall be used in preference to proceedings under Part VIII-A relating to intrastate family support actions;
(3) Act Nos. 1997-58 and 1998-127 insofar as they are inconsistent with Rule 1910.20 relating to the availability of remedies for collection of past due and overdue support;
(4) Section 4 of Act 1997-58, 23 Pa.C.S. § 4342(f), insofar as it is inconsistent with Rule 1910.29 as it relates to record hearings in support actions;
(5) Section 4 of Act 1998-127, 23 Pa.C.S. § 4352(d), insofar as it is inconsistent with Rule 1910.22 providing that overdue support on public record at the domestic relations section constitutes a lien of record against all real property within the state of Pennsylvania which is owned by the obligor;
(6) Section 4 of Act 1998-127, 23 Pa.C.S. § 4352(d.1), only insofar as subsection (1) of that provision provided that the underlying support action shall either be pending at the county domestic relations section or shall be forced by the county domestic relations section in order for a lien to arise against real property located in that county; and
(7) All Acts or parts of Acts of Assembly inconsistent with these rules to the extent of such inconsistency.
The provisions of this Rule 1910.50 adopted November 7, 1988, effective January 1, 1989, 18 Pa.B. 5326; amended December 18, 1998, effective January 1, 1999, 29 Pa.B. 16; amended May 31, 2000, effective July 1, 2000, 30 Pa.B. 3155; amended November 30, 2012, effective December 30, 2012, 42 Pa.B. 7522. Immediately preceding text appears at serial pages (324708) to (324709).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.