Rule 204.1. Pleadings and Other Legal Papers. Format.
All pleadings, motions and other legal papers must conform to the following requirements:
(1) The document shall be on 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch paper.
(2) The document shall be prepared on white paper (except for dividers and similar sheets) of good quality.
(3) The first sheet shall contain a 3-inch space from the top of the paper for all court stampings, filing notices, etc.
(4) The text must be double spaced, but quotations more than two lines long may be indented and single spaced. Margins must be at least one inch on all four sides.
(5) The lettering shall be clear and legible and no smaller than point 12. The lettering shall be on only one side of a page, except that exhibits and similar supporting documents may be lettered on both sides of a page.
(6) Documents and papers shall be firmly bound.
The provisions of this Rule 204.1 adopted July 7, 2006, effective February 1, 2007, 36 Pa.B. 3807.
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Code full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.